Louise Keane is our Games Promotion Officer. Louise took up the position of Games Promotion Officer in Naas GAA in March 2018. Louise works intensively with our 7 primary schools in Naas. She also works with our secondary schools as well as supporting our clubs own Coaches/Mentors and Players.
Here are some of the areas Louise is involved in -
Primary School Activities:
- Four days a week in schools during school term across Naas covering every class within each of our seven primary schools
- Blitz's are organised for all schools to come together in the community in May and June
- Providing coaching support of primary school coaches
- Providing Teacher workshops
- Assisting schools in the 5 Star Centre Programme
Secondary School Activities:
- Organise and co-ordinate 1st year blitz for all secondary schools in the area
- Tutor transition year students in coaching courses
- Tutor Transition year students in referee courses
- Involve Transition Year students in the organisation and running of primary school blitz’s and 1st year blitz’s
- Assist Transition year students in coaching in primary schools
- Assist School teams with S&C and coaching support
- Attend primary and secondary school matches.
- These activities extend to over 500 children each week
Club Coaching Activities:
- Tutor team coaches in foundation level coaching courses
- Coaching and supporting of all juvenile teams
- Set-up and coordinate Summer & Easter camps
- Co-ordinate Cul Camps
- Run TURAS Workshops for coaches of all age groups and codes
- Set-up and coordinate other workshops and events to benefit players and coaches
All of the above activities and achievements could not have been possible without the continued support and help of:
- The GPO Steering Committee and Our Chairman and the Executive,
- All of the juvenile coaches and mentors who give up their personal free time to work with the juvenile teams as well as the principals and teachers in the primary and secondary schools that she works in.
GPO CALENDAR OF EVENTS
TURAS is a Leinster GAA initative that challenges coaches to engage in lifelong coach education by providing flexible, content appropriate and bespoke opportunities delivered within their coaching environment. The aim of TURAS is to implement a coherent and consistent coaching and player philosophy with in Leinster GAA that supports long term development and retention of players and coaches at all levels.
After the TURAS Player Pathway workshop, each coach who attends will receive a visit from our GPO to assist in coaching a session. This is followed up by a further session at a later date.
KILDARE GAA FOR ALL
Kildare GAA For All is an inclusion pilot programme in which we are linking up with Kildare GAA and Kildare Sports Partnership to run. It is a 4 week programme for players aged from 7-14 which will run in May (2nd, 9th,16th, 23rd ). Anyone interested should contact Padraig Healy (email@example.com) to register. Anyone interested in coaching should contact our GPO Louise.